This newly refurbished, detached cottage with a games room enjoys a peaceful setting within its own enclosed garden. Set amidst the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, boasting stunning mountainous views and easy access to the great facilities scattered throughout this delightful area. The nearby market town of Bala offers a great range of shops, pubs and eateries, whilst being home to Bala Lake, the largest natural body of water in Wales renowned for its excellent watersports and boating opportunities.
Open plan kitchen, dining area and lounge with plenty of natural light creating a great sense of space.
Kitchen - modern and with integrated dishwasher, oven and infusion hob. Large fridge freezer and microwave and a spacious larder with shelves. Adjoining utility room with washer dryer and toilet.
Dining area with oak table and chairs with countryside views though the patio doors that lead out to the rear garden.
Cosy lounge area with 40 inch smart TV and DVD player, electric stove and comfortable two and three seater brown leather sofas. Books and board games also provided.
Bedroom 1 has a king size bed and stylish bedding in soft colours to create a relaxing atmosphere. Bedside tables and ample storage space.
Bedroom 2 has two single beds and elegant bedding. Furnished with bedside cupboards and storage.
Bedroom 3 has a single bed. Storage with self standing units and cupboards. A light colour scheme following the relaxing style throughout the cottage.
Spacious bathroom with large shower, bath, toilet and wash basin.
Garage has been converted into a games room with standard pool slate table and darts cabinet.
Large and enclosed lawned garden surrounds the cottage. Tranquil setting with beautiful views of surrounding countryside. Picnic table and chairs situated to enjoy a view of the countryside and Arenig mountain.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk, as well as a home-made cake and Welsh butter.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided.
- Central heating and electricity included.
- Cot and high chair available on request. Please bring your own cot bedding.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage.
- Wifi available
- Iron and ironing board provided.
- Kitchen provisions: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, dishcloths, tin foil and cling film.
- Bathroom provisions: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- Plenty of private parking space on a flat surface outside the cottage.
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 3 Single beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 26 Miles from a beach
- 3.5 Miles from a pub
- 3.5 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- Games room
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Beautiful comfortable property. The photos on the website do not do justice to the property - especially external shots. Really well equipped and ideal for a family with the games room. Brilliantly situated and wonderful owners!Lynn from Norfolk - 29th October 2018
The property was outstanding and met more than our needs.R Ellis - 27th August 2018
Superb property, very high standard furniture and fixings, very well equipped.Steve from Essex - 14th July 2018
By far the best holiday property we've stayed in. Tastefully decorated, fully equipped with everything and so peaceful. Perfect holiday Mrs Sarah Batchelor - 11th June 2018
The best property we have ever stayed in.The owners were very friendly and the cottage outstanding.Ms A Southon - 28th May 2018
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Detached cottage, set within its own peaceful, enclosed garden and enjoying far-reaching countryside views. Within half a mile, the picturesque village of Parc stands on the banks of the River Llafar and provides a starting point for numerous walks and a cycle route. The cottage provides easy access to the great facilities scattered throughout this delightful area.
The nearest pub restaurant, Eagles Inn, can be found at Llanuwchllyn (3.5 miles), also home to a village shop. The bustling market town of Bala (4 miles) offers a wide range of amenities, including a small supermarket, independent shops and cafes, pubs and restaurants. There is also a traditional cinema and a Leisure Centre.
Bala lies within the beautiful Snowdonia National Park and is located at the head of Llyn Tegid, Bala’s famous lake, which is the largest natural lake in Wales and home to a unique fish called the Gwyniad, a relic of the Ice Age. Renowned as a centre for great watersports including fishing, sailing, canoeing, windsurfing and whitewater rafting, Bala is also the headquarters of the narrow gauge Bala Lake Railway. The town itself is steeped in history as highlighted along the Town Walk. Surrounded by the wonderful Berwyn Mountains on one side and the beautiful Snowdonia Mountain Range on the other, this is a mecca for climbing, walking, mountain biking and many other outdoor activities such as Zip World and Bounce Below (20 miles).
An ideal location for touring all of North and Mid Wales including the stunning Cambrian Bay Coast with the six-mile long Harlech Beach, overlooked by its majestic medieval castle. Alternatively take a trip to the nearby popular towns of Dolgellau (16 miles), with its monthly farmer’s market, or Betws-y-Coed, famous for its cascading waterfalls and enchanting river pools. With an abundance of attractions and activities throughout the area, this is a truly wonderful part of Wales that caters for all interests.
- Plenty of walks from the doorstep, through farmland and from the village of Parc (within 0.5 mile).
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 2 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 3.5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 10 miles
Cycling / Mountain Biking
- The quiet country lanes from the cottage are perfect for cycling and a specific cycle route also begins from Parc (within 0.5 mile)
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 2 miles from your cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 10 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 20 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 2 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 2 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 9 miles