- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 single Zip&Link bed (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Wet room
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sea or coastal views
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Detached, private, scenic, peaceful and cosy – just some of the adjectives to describe this beautiful Snowdonia holiday cottage. Located within its own enclosed grounds on the lower slopes of Cadair Idris and just 1.5 mile from the market town of Dolgellau. Penclogwynau offers underfloor heating, a welcoming log burning stove, deep slipper bath and many of the original features dating back to the 18th century.
Open plan kitchen, living and dining area with beautifully exposed rafters and beams and underfloor heating throughout.
The living area features two inviting sofas around a large inglenook fireplace with woodburner, Smart TV and DVD player.
Fitted kitchen with double Belfast Sink beneath window with views across the garden. Gas hob with extractor fan, built in electric oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge. Ample storage.
The dining area has a large dining table and chairs in front of French doors leading onto a large patio area with extensive views. Dimmer controlled ceiling down lights, wing back chair, reading light and a selection of books.
Utility room with built in washing machine and freezer, clothing hooks and bench seat (tumble dryer in the garage next door). Stable door leading into rear garden.
Large, underfloor heated wet room adjoins the utility room with a lovely rain shower, corner toilet, sink and heated towel rail.
Narrow, steep staircase leading to:
Bedroom 1 – The master bedroom is centrally heated and features exposed original roof truss and beams. Inviting king size bed (which can be split to smaller beds on request) along with an antique dressing table and mirror and a clothes rail. En-suite with shower, toilet, basin and heated towel rail. Extensive views across fields, woodland and of the Snowdonia mountains and hills to the north.
Bedroom 2 - Centrally heated room also with exposed original roof truss and beams. Lovely king size bed. Chest of drawers, clothes rail and full length mirror. Extensive views across fields and woodland to the mountains and hills in the north.
Bathroom - Exposed beam, roof skylight in sloping and low ceiling, large slipper bath, toilet, basin and heated towel rail.
Large multi level grass area with stream on southern boundary and mature trees. Level gravelled seating area with marvellous 360º views of the surrounding fields, woodlands and mountains. 8 seater round picnic table, a separate 'bistro' style table with 2 metal chairs, an Indian firepit and grill, and a charcoal BBQ facility.
This stunning, peaceful Snowdonia holiday cottage offers the perfect place to relax. On cloudless nights, your get your own free viewing of the planets and solar system complete with shooting stars, to the background music of the burbling stream.
Garage provides a secure storage area for your bikes etc and also includes a tumble dryer.
- Central heating and electricity included.
- Free kiln dried logs also provided for the woodburner.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Wifi available
- Cot, high chair and stairgate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- *Please note that the stairs are steep and narrow and therefore not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- No smoking inside the cottage please
- Up to 2 dogs welcome at £20 per dog – ground floor only. Please be aware that the cottage is surrounded by sheep pasture.
- Extensive level off road parking areas adjacent to the cottage
- Washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets are provided.
- Please note when booking how you'd like the bed arranged in bedroom 2.
We had the best week in Penclogwynau. Cottage is very comfy and well equipped. Fantastic secure garden for our Collie. Can walk to Dolgellau via a bridle path further up the lane. Dog friendly pubs in Dolgellau. Easy drive to Snowdon and Zip World Penrhyn Quarry. Nearer to cottage is walk to Cader Idris. Cottage is very warm!
Wow, beautiful cottage in the most amazing location. When we arrived the cottage was lovely and warm on quite a cold day and is very comfortable. We soon made ourselves at home. The views are absolutely stunning in all directions and we loved sitting out on the patio taking them all in. The cottage is an ideal location. Half hour walk to the village, 20/30 minutes car drive to the coast and so many walks on the doorstep. We'll definitely be back!
Lovely warm cottage made for a very relaxing stay.
There is no shortage of highly recommended restaurants in Dolgellau and the surrounding area either. Amongst the favourites are Y Meirionydd, Gwin Dylanwad Wine, Tafarn y Gader Tapas and The Royal Ship Hotel, all in Dolgellau itself (1.5 miles). Just outside the town you also have Bwyty Mawddach Restaurant (2.5 miles). The nearest pub (Gwernan Lake) is even closer, just 1 mile from the cottage, whilst The Royal Ship and The Unicorn are also recommended in Dolgellau. There are some amazing cafes such as T.H. Roberts and amongst the other amenities there are 3 supermarkets, a local butchers, grocer, bakeries, chemists and 3 banks.
The Dolgellau area of southern Snowdonia offers an extensive range of footpaths and signposted walks to suit all abilities. In addition to the obvious challenge of Cadair Idris, Dolgellau is also the starting point of the Mawddach Trail (walking and cycle route to the beautiful Mawddach Estuary and Barmouth on the coast). Coed y Brenin's world renowned Mountain Biking Centre is also within 10 miles and there are 2 glorious sandy beaches at Fairbourne (10 miles) and Barmouth (12 miles).
Some of the other popular attractions in the area includes Bounce Below (the largest underground trampoline in Europe) and the Zip Wire ride in Blaenau Ffestiniog. You also have the National White Water Rafting Centre near Bala. For something a little more relaxing, you have options such as Harlech Castle’s World Heritage site, the Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur's Labyrinth. Most of Wales’ narrow gauge railways are also located in this area, including Talyllyn narrow gauge railway and the Blaenau Ffestiniog to Porthmadog line. If that's not enough, you also have RSPB Reserves and two Osprey Nest viewing hides nearby.
- Cadair Idris – 3 main routes starting from Dolgellau (from the doorstep), Minffordd (4.5 miles) and Abergynolwyn (13 miles).
- Mawddach Trail – Dolgellau - suitable for all ages – walkers, cyclists and wheelchair users. 1.5 mile
- Precipice Walk – Llanfachreth - suitable for all ages. 3.5 miles from your Snowdonia holiday cottage
- New Precipice Walk – Llanelltyd - suitable for all ages. 3.5 miles
- Torrent Walk – Brithdir - moderate leisure walk approx 2½ miles along the river. 5 miles
- Panorama Walk – Barmouth - suitable for all ages. 12 miles
- The Mawddach Trail – As above, 1.5 mile
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 10 miles
- Dolgellau Golf Club – 9 hole golf course. 2 miles
- From river fishing to Llyn Cynwch lake fishing, there are a range of opportunities to go fishing in the Dolgellau area – suitable options for all ages.
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 8 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – sandy beach. 10 miles
- Barmouth Beach – long, sandy beach with Blue Flag award. 12 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 18 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 22 miles