Self catering Tywyn cottage with a hot tub and magnificent views over the Dysynni Valley towards the sea at Cardigan Bay. Offering the perfect blend of luxury and location, Ysgubor y Waun is set in a rural, peaceful setting within the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, with no passing traffic. The popular beaches of Tywyn and Aberdyfi are within a few miles and you also have private access to a beach 3 miles away.
It is the perfect base for local attractions, rambling, hiking and biking and offers good links to public footpaths. A warm Welsh welcome (“Croeso”) awaits...
This stunning Welsh Barn has been fully converted and retains all its original features. The main room provides an open plan kitchen/dinner and lounge and is full of rustic charm.
The modern kitchen with breakfast bar has all the amenities; dishwasher, fridge, freezer, electric cooker, microwave and a washing machine. Large oak dining table offers plenty of dining space for 8.
The lounge offers comfortable leather sofas with flat screen TV surrounding the original stone fireplace and a welcoming wood burner.
Lower Ground Floor
Spacious double en-suite bedroom with a traditional stable door providing private access to an outdoor courtyard area.
King sized bedroom with its own private balcony overlooking the Dysynni Valley and Cardigan coast - absolutely breathtaking. The perfect place to relax and take in the surroundings.
Twin room with built in wardrobes. Plenty of character with exposed oak A frames
The oak beamed gallery includes a double sofa bed for 2 extra guests if needed. There is also a spacious family bathroom with shower over bath, overlooking the rolling green fields.
The outside space offers a patio with picnic table to enjoy the magnificent view and a BBQ set in a walled courtyard. Plenty of space to play and of course, a private hot tub.
- A welcome pack awaits you on arrival, with a home-made cake, milk, fresh bread, eggs, Welsh tea and coffee. Information about the surrounding area also provided.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 2 hairdryers provided
- Heating, electricity and logs included
- Cot, high chair and stair gate provided on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside.
- Plenty of parking space available
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- Bike washing facility and lockable shed for secure storage.
- The owners make their own Welsh Lamb burgers which you are welcome to try.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Sofa beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Saturday changeover
- 5 Miles from a beach
- 2 Miles from a pub
- 5 Miles from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- No travel cot available
Very relaxing holiday in a superbly converted barn.
Idyllic location, even if the approach road is a little narrow. Not short of interesting things to do in the hills or by the sea. Go to Cregennan Lakes, visit the County Show and/or Race the Train.Family from Coventry - 2nd September 2017
We were very satisfied with the cottage, the equipment of the rooms and the kitchen and especially the cleanliness. We can highly recommend this cottage! One of our most beautiful adventure was the ride with the Talyllyn Railway. Hartmut from Germany - 27th August 2017
The property is excellent.
Good renovation with all extras one would need, great base to adventure from. We enjoyed the Golf course, easy and hard walks, good local towns providing everything one would need, great base to reach all attractions within 20 min drive. Overall, we had an excellent time, the owners were very helpful & knowledgeable regarding the areaAndrew - 7th August 2017
A beautifully converted barn with full modern amenities.
The welcome food pack was excellent with home made cake, Home made lamb burgers can be bought from the owner. Little touches that matter like fresh flowers, soaps, games and books. We had house martins flying in one door and out the other! Try crabbing off Aberdovey pier - great fun for children. Mawddach cycle trail from Dolgellau is excellent. The food at the Tyn y Cornel Hotel, Talyllyn and at the Salt Marsh kitchen in Tywyn is good. Tywyn cinema and the swimming pool offer some leisure, if it's raining.Frank from Manchester - 26th July 2017
The setting was beautiful with views of the mountain and sea. The owners were thought of everything to make our stay comfortable. The cottage was clean and we'll stocked. I was especially impressed that the owners were there to welcome us and even left us a welcome package of fresh eggs and homade bread. A very relaxing stay away from it all. Enjoyed visiting Harlech Castle about a hours drive away but very scenic along the way. Had an excellent dinner at the Proper Gander in Tywyn and at Indiana Cuisine in the Fairbourne.Family from USA - 14th July 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
This impressive self catering Tywyn cottage is surrounded by farmland and overlooks the beautiful Dysynni Valley towards Cardigan Bay. One of only two semi-detached holiday cottages on site, Ysgubor y Waun offers a peaceful setting with magnificent views and no passing traffic.
There’s a village shop just 2 miles away in Bryncrug, as well as the Peniarth Arms. Less than 5 miles from your self catering Tywyn offers a wide range of amenities, including shops and a supermarket, a newly refurbished cinema and train station, crazy golf and leisure centre with indoor pool. Some recommended restaurants in town include Walkers fish and chips restaurant, Proper Gander and Salt Marsh Kitchen.
Amongst the best places to eat in the area is Sea Breeze on the sea front in Aberdyfi (9 miles), George III overlooking the Mawddach Estuary in Penmaenpool (14 miles) and Glan yr Afon in Pennal (15 miles). There is also a good Indian restaurant in Fairbourne (8 miles).
There are a number of attractions within a short drive of your Tywyn cottage, such as Talyllyn railway, Castell y Bere castle, King Arthur’s Labyrinth, Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking centre and Go Ape, Harlech Castle’s World Heritage Site and Portmeirion. To the south of Tywyn is the harbour village of Aberdyfi with a lovely sandy beach, sand dunes, cafes, quaint little shops and the famous golf links course. In this quiet corner of Snowdonia National Park you’ll find natural beauty whatever time of year you choose to stay at Ysgubor y Waun.
- Footpath from the doorstep through scenic farmland
- Wales Coast Path – from Rhoslefain (2 miles), head north towards Fairbourne or south to Tywyn and then along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi.
- Dolgoch Falls Walk – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. 5 miles
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. 9 miles
- Cadair Idris (2,930 feet mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (9 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard.
- Mawddach Trial, which follows the course of the disused estuary railway from Morfa Mawddach to Dolgellau or Barmouth - one of the most enchanting gentle walks, or bike rides anywhere. 9 miles from your Tywyn cottage
- The country lanes starting from the doorstep are perfect for cycling. Bike hire available at Llanegryn. 0.6 mile
- Mawddach Trail (see above). 9 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 21 miles
- Private access to a beach with rock pools to keep the children entertained for hours. 3 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 8 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 9 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre, Fairbourne - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 8 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi (4 and 9 miles) lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (10 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (1 mile). Read more about fishing in the Tywyn and Aberdyfi area.
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 9 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 9 miles