Located in peaceful countryside with amazing views of the southern Snowdonia landscape. This semi detached Tywyn self catering accommodation for 2 offers a warm Welsh welcome in the spectacular Dysynni Valley. Set on a family farm and close to the majestic heights of Cader Idris, a waterfall and the sandy beaches of North Wales. A great area for walking and cycling and also perfect if you just want to relax, absorb the scenery and fresh air...
Kitchen and dining room with lovely views of the surrounding countryside. Kitchen includes a dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge, freezer and washing machine.
Inviting lounge with two comfortable, reclining sofas and 42 inch wide screen TV with DVD player. Small library of books.
Large master bedroom with a king sized bed and amazing views of the countryside. Plenty of storage space.
Shower room with shower, wash basin, wc and mirror.
Patio area with a picnic table - a lovely spot to enjoy the afternoon sun and to relax in stunning countryside to the sound of the river lazily flowing by. There is also a gorgeous walk along the river that can be accessed just over the bridge from the front door.
- Heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided
- Welcome pack on arrival includes a homemade cake, tea, coffee, sugar and milk
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Wifi available
- The following items are also provided: Washing up liquid, cloths and tea towels, dishwasher tablets and liquid detergent
- No pets
- No smoking
- Plenty of off road parking space
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 2 King size/super king beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Saturday changeover
- 7.5 Miles from a beach
- 7.5 Miles from a pub
- 7.5 Miles from a shop
- On a working farm
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- No travel cot available
Excellent property spotlessly clean. Friendly owners and made to feel very welcomed. Superb location. Beautiful scenery. Top marks all round Mrs Colleen Norman - 26th April 2019
Perfect cottage in a perfect location with perfect hosts. Great cottage set in fabulous scenery, good base to venture out and about from. Jane from Cheshire - 21st October 2018
Nice house. Well equipped.Mrs Sally Edmondson - 10th September 2018
It is a beautiful property with stunning views and really felt like a home away from home. The hosts were very helpful without being intrusive. Would definitely recommend this property to others looking to stay in the area.Shelley from Bedfordshire - 25th June 2018
Stunning scenery, excellent accommodation and very friendly owners. Excellent service and professional.Mrs Wendy Stilwell - 18th June 2018
The cottage is an absolute gem. Nestled in an idyllic valley with beautiful scenery. It's well equipped and perfect for couples. The owners are lovely people too.Mr Keith wakeford - 11th June 2018
Great place to stay and handy for so many things to do in the area. Loved our stay and we will book again and go backMr Andrew Capell - 4th June 2018
Property was perfect. Very clean and provided everything we could have wanted. Beautiful area with very warm and friendly locals.Couple from Thetford - 2nd November 2017
Absolutly fabulous. A wonderful, clean, well equipped cottage run by very friendly and welcoming owners. The whole experience was great from beginning to end.
Recommendations: Railway Inn for fab food. Fairbourne and Barmouth beaches. Porthmadog and Dolgellau towns for shops. Talyllyn and Snowdon Mountain Railways for train experiences.Chris and Edward from Birmingham - 4th June 2017
Very relaxing time in wonderful setting. Castell y Bere was in a magical setting. The Railway Inn in the village was very pleasant. We went on the Tal y Llyn railway and many places in the surrounding area - Dolgellau, Barmouth, Harlech etc take you through wonderful scenery.Elaine from Llechryd - 23rd May 2017
Lovely property, very clean and spacious. Beautiful surroundings, great for walks and bikes. Owners very friendly and helpful. Lots of walking / cycling routes, beautiful lakes nearby.Kat from Bristol - 18th April 2017
A very relaxing break in beautiful surroundings. The cottage is wonderful, as were our hosts.
Take advantage of the advice in the welcome booklet or speak to Sian or Dylan. Lovely people!Dave and Barbara from Lancashire - 20th March 2017
A fantastic propoerty, very well maintained and presented. Very friendly owners who made every effort to make us feel at home. An excellent property in a perfect location.
Lots to see and do in the wet and dry. Stunning views and attractions.Taddy from Kent - 31st October 2016
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Little Welsh Hamper Company Luxury Welsh Hampers
Enjoy free delivery on fantastic luxury Welsh hampers during your holiday
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.
This cosy, semi detached cottage is located next door to the owners' farmhouse on a family farm in southern Snowdonia. It enjoys spectacular views of the Dysynni Valley and with the sea and the mountains on your doorstep, this Tywyn self catering accommodation is the perfect setting for a revitalising holiday in North Wales. There is also a small carvan park on the farm, located in a nearby field.
The nearest village of Abergynolwyn (1.5 miles) has a cafe, post office, village pub and a steam train station. Caffi Ceunant and The Railway Inn both offer good food, whilst the restaurants at Gwesty Minffordd, Tal-y-Llyn (3 miles) and Cross Foxes near Dolgellau (8.5 miles) are also recommended. A range of amenities can be found in Tywyn (7.5 miles), including a supermarket, bank, a range of shops, a good restaurant called Walkers Quality and even a traditional cinema. Tywyn also has good public transport connections by train and bus.
The beauty and tranquility of this magical part of Wales surrounds you, including Llyn Mwyngil (Tal y Llyn lake), the splendours of Cadair Idris and Castell y Bere, an ancient Welsh castle built by Llewelyn the Great in the early 13th century. The nearest beach is in Tywyn and just 4 miles south of Tywyn along the coast is Aberdyfi, a picturesque seaside resort with a great sandy beach, lovely cafes, shops and restaurants.
Other popular attractions in the area include the Tal-y-llyn narrow gauge railway which can be boarded at Abergynolwyn, the spectacular Dolgoch Falls (also on the railway route), The Centre for Alternative Technology, Corris Craft Centre and King Arthur's Labyrinth. Yoy also have Craig yr Aderyn (Bird Rock) - the only inland nesting site for cormorants in Europe and a spectacular, unique landmark.
- Llwybr Mari Jones footpath - from the doorstep
- 12 mile, spectacular circular walk that incorporates a visit to Castell y Bere (a 13th-century Welsh castle) and Craig yr Aderyn, a dramatic scenic feature and a wonderful viewpoint. From the doorstep
- Dolgoch Falls Walk (2.5 miles) – a short walk to a series of waterfalls which cascade down a rocky wooded ravine in the mountainside into a deep pool below. From the doorstep
- Cadair Idris (mountain walk) – one route starting from Llanfihangel-y-Pennant (1.5 miles) and climbs steadily on the southern section of the pony path. 10 miles to summit – graded moderate/hard.
- Wales Coast Path – from Tywyn, head north towards Fairbourne or south along 4 miles of golden sand to Aberdyfi. 7.5 miles
- Tywyn Beach - sandy beach along with a promenade and paddling pool. 7.5 miles
- Aberdyfi Beach - long sandy beach - perfect for a family holiday. 11.5 miles
- Fairbourne Beach – two mile stretch of golden sand on low tide. 15 miles
- The country lanes starting from the doorstep are perfect for cycling. Bike hire available at Llanegryn. 7.5 miles
- Dyfi Mountain Biking – All routes start from Machynlleth. 13 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 20 miles
- Surrounded by sea, rivers and lakes, this is one of the best all round angling locations available. Try your hand at some shore fishing in Tywyn and Aberdyfi, lake fishing in Tal-y-llyn (3 miles) or river fishing on the Dysynni (on the doorstep).
- Watersports in Aberdyfi includes sailing, sail boarding, rowing, canoeing, fishing and boat trips. 11.5 miles
- Bala, home to Llyn Tegid lake and the National White Water Centre is also a great venue for watersports. 26 miles
- Aberdyfi Golf Club - 18 hole golf course. 11.5 miles
- Bwlchgwyn Pony Trekking Centre - suitable for anyone over 4yrs. 15 miles