Special Offers: Summer special offer - 10% 0ff week bookings in June, July and August
This lovely holiday cottage near Aberystwyth enjoys a beautiful setting, overlooking the Ystwyth Valley in peaceful West Wales countryside. Aberystwyth (4 miles) is a picturesque coastal town with a wide range of amenities. This is an ideal base to make the most of this popular region and everything it has to offer. This includes a range of family attractions, scenic walks and beaches, Nant yr Arian mountain biking centre and Devils Bridge's narrow gauge railway and waterfalls.
Blaenilar is equipped and furnished to a high standard. The kitchen/diner is well equipped and includes a dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave and freeview TV.
Lounge with comfortable seating and stylish electric fire, freeview TV with DVD and CD player.
Double bedroom with wardrobe, bedside cabinets and dressing table.
Bunk bedroom with full size wooden bunk beds, wardrobe, bedside cabinets and dressing table.
Spacious bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, and heated towel rail.
Blaenilar has its own enclosed patio and barbecue area, along with access to a lawned, shared play area for the children with swings and a slide.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels included.
- Heating and electricity included.
- Cot and highchair available on request. Please bring your own bed linen for the cot.
- Wifi available
- There is ample off road parking.
- 1 pet welcome and free of charge, possibly 2 allowed on request. Please inform us when making a booking.
- Shared laundry room on site with 24 hour access.
- You can expect a friendly Welsh atmosphere and a warm welcome with the owners on site.
- Short breaks are available throughout the year apart from the summer holidays.
- For larger groups or families, you also have 2 other 5 star cottages on site: Blaenlli (sleeps 6) and Y Ddinas (sleeps 4)
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
Information for Disabled and Less Abled People
- All of the property is suitable for disabled people with all rooms on ground floor. This includes kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living area.
- There are no height restrictions.
- Easy access access for a wheelchair, all doors are a minimum of 750mm and the main door is 860mm wide
- Easy parking and the flat walking surface into the property, is tarmac.
- There are no steps into the property and the garden can be accessed in a wheelchair.
- There is an extra light in the kitchen and a speaking clock for people with visual impairment. This is available by arrangement just let us know when you book
- There are grab rails in the bathroom and there is a separate ensuite
- There is room for a wheelchair to fit under the dining table, room under the bed for a suitcase and a hoist
- The light switches and door handles are positioned to offer easy access.
- There is room for a wheelchair on both sides of the bed and into the bathroom. There is a 5 inch step into the shower cubicle.
- Incontinence pads and hyperdermic needles can be safely disposed of
Available on request :-
- Higher seat for the toilet and a commode are available.
- Seat for the bath
- There is also a local care company that is available for support and extra mobility equipment can be hired locally.
Assistance dogs are allowed.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Bunk beds
- 1 Bathroom
- Accepts 1 pet
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Saturday changeover
- 4 Miles from a beach
- 2 Miles from a pub
- 2 Miles from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Cot available
- Highchair available
- No travel cot available
We used this as a base to discover the local area.A very well equipped cottage and we were presented with a hamper as a gift which was a lovely gesture.Friends from Derby - 9th August 2017
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Set in a spectacular countryside location with wonderful panoramic views, Blaenilar is one of three recently converted, semi-detached 5 star cottages on site. You have a local pub and village shops within 2 miles whilst Aberystwyth offers a wide range of restaurants, cafes, pubs, shops and supermarkets just 4 miles away.
This is a great base to explore Mid and West Wales, a trip to the seaside or for visiting the university and the National Library of Wales. Enjoy a day out at Fantasy Farm at Llanrhystud (8.5 miles), pony trekking at Rheidol riding centre or a round of golf at Aberystwyth or Borth. Sea and coarse fishing are available locally whilst surfing is popular along the coast. The area also offers excellent walks with an abundance of wildlife including coastal birds and red kites.
One of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales (Nant yr Arain), is just a 15 mile drive from the cottage where you can also watch the red kites being fed. Venture on a deep underground tour of The Silver and Lead Mines at Llywernog (14.5 miles) or sit back and enjoy a scenic journey on the famous steam train through the Vale of Rheidol from Aberystwyth to Devil’s Bridge.
- Sheltered sand and shingle beach at the popular seaside town of Aberystwyth. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. 4 miles.
- Three-mile stretch of sandy beach from Borth to Ynys Las. 13 miles.
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile walking / cycling trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. Join the path 0.5 miles from the cottage.
- Ceredigion Coast Path follows the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. Aberystwyth is the easiest joining point, 4 miles away.
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 14.5 miles from cottage
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 15 miles
- The Hafod Estate (owned by the Forestry Commission) offers 5 way-marked walks, of varying length and difficulty, enabling visitors to explore the famous Hafod landscape. 18.5 miles
- Ystwyth Trail – see above under walking. 0.5 miles from the cottage.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 14.5 miles
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - one of the premier Mountain Biking centres in Wales. Featuring the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 15 miles from cottage.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – 18 hole golf course. 4 miles
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 4 miles
- Nant-y-Moch & Dinas reservoirs, near Ponterwyd - both stocked with varieties of trout. Permits for fishing can be bought from the Rheidol Filling Station in Ponterwyd. 15 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 9 miles