- £782 per week
- £112 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 3 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- 3 WCs
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sky TV
- Hot tub
- Bathrobes and slippers provided
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Garden or courtyard
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Ground floor WC
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 10:00am
Experience 5-star comfort at this wonderful retreat in West Wales countryside. With a private hot tub, woodburner, ensuite bedrooms and plenty of style inside and out, there are many reasons why guests choose to return to this cottage time and time again. Set within 3.5 acres of grounds, separate and secluded from the owners' house, it enjoys its own enclosed, tranquil garden (ideal for children and dogs). Walking distance to the village pub, cafe and small shop at Pont-rhyd-y-groes.
A great base to discover the culturally rich landscape of West Wales, from mountains and waterfalls to Strata Florida abbey, a narrow gauge railway and the famous three bridges built on top of each other at Devils Bridge. You might also recognise some scenes from the Hinterland series as you explore the area. The Cardigan Bay coastline (accessed 15 miles away at Aberystwyth) offers a great range of long, sandy beaches - 11 of which allow dogs all year round and a further 24 at certain times of the year.
A large, open plan living room occupies the whole ground floor area. Windows and patio doors frame the surrounding greenery and allow plenty of natural daylight to flow in.
Contemporary, modern kitchen - fully equipped, including an electric range master, slow cooker and microwave, fridge/freezer and Nesspresso coffee machine, dishwasher and washing machine. A large dining table takes centre stage with views out to the patio and garden.
The stylish lounge area invites you to relax on sumptuous sofas and cuddle chair in front of the woodburner and Smart TV with DVD, Britbox, Netflix and full Sky package. Complimentary use of 2 x 10 inch tablets with subscriptions to a wide choice of magazines and The Times newspaper daily and at weekends.
Ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 1 – King size bed, views over grounds and ensuite shower room. Smart TV with Netflix (freeview TV), i-pod docking station clock and stylish furnishing.
Bedroom 2 – King size bed (can be arranged as 2ft 6in twin beds on request - please note your preference at the time of booking), views over ground and ensuite shower room. Please make a note when booking if you would prefer a twin layout. Also equipped with Smart TV with Netflix (freeview TV), i-pod docking station clock, wardrobe and dressing table.
Set within 3.5 acres of grounds, you have your own fully enclosed area which includes a patio area and a roofed, private hot tub.
Garden table and chairs and a BBQ set with disposable BBQ insert. Outdoor storage also available for bikes etc.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, cakes, wine and coffee pods.
- Oil central heating and electricity included.
- Initial supply of logs provided for the woodburner.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels as well as towels for the hot tub provided.
- Bathrobes provided. Slippers also provided on request.
- 2 hairdryers provided
- Travel cot and highchair available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Stair gate provided.
- Wifi available
- Up to 3 dogs welcome
- No smoking inside the property please
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets, dishcloths / scourers, foil and cling film.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- Parking spaces for up to 3 cars
Thank you so much for making our New Year so comfortable, relaxing and memorable. Amazing cottage with fabulous hosts. The thought, care and attention to detail that goes into making a superb stay her at Wisteria Cottage has been greatly appreciated and very much enjoyed. A fantastic stay. Thank you x
A wonderful 8 days in Wisteria Cottage, what a special place! We relaxed, walked ate and drank possibly too much but most of all it charged our batteries and we had the best time in this beautifully appointed 'home' - it certainly feels like home, all needs catered for. Celebrated a 60th birthday (thank you Carl and Joseph for the welcome hamper with celebratory bits) and had a fantastic lunch at the Harbourmaster Inn Aberdaron - don' miss it. Local walks are great. All in all the best holiday. Thank you xx
What a lovely cottage. Have had a lovely week walking, relaxing, sipping fizz in the hot tub. So many amazing walks. Many thanks
A beautiful cottage. Everything we needed. Loved the hamper and all the fine detail. So peaceful and can't wait to come again. Thank you so much
What a perfect week away to fully recharge our batteries and escape the rat race. A beautiful spot with fabulously friendly and generous hosts
Perfect short 3 day break. Can't fault the cottage, location of the hosts. Nothing better than a relaxing hour in the hot tub after a days walking. Thank you so much
Fantastic 4 days. Very relaxing. Great location for lovely walks. Nice visits to Aberystwyth and Aberdaron. Great Sunday lunch in the Miners Arms. Good value and good, honest food. Loved our afternoon sessions in the hot tub being serenaded by the local song thrush. Awesome welcome pack. Thank you very much
A heartfelt thank you once again. Gorgeous wonderful beautiful you's!! Spoilt in wildlife, nature and peace. Another memorable stay in a world we always struggle to leave. With much love, hugs and woofs from us all
First class form the moment we arrived! A stunning setting for a relaxing stay full of thoughtfulness of Karl and Joseph. We've loved our stay. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.
One lovely cottage. So peaceful, very relaxing with the hot tub and slow cooker, a great addition
Had an amazing time. Beautiful cottage and location. Karl and Joseph great hosts. We were lucky to be here when Boris, Bertie, Colin and Teddy arrived and got to visit them in their field. A wonderful, relaxing stay. Thank you Karl and Joseph
We had a wonderful holiday in Wisteria Cottage. It was very comfortable, extremely well equipped and the hosts could not have been more helpful. There was lots of lovely walks for us and the dogs and beaches were not too far away. We all returned rested and relaxed.
We loved Wisteria Cottage! Very clean, comfortable, modern and well looked after. Secluded but easy to find. We will recommend to others and intend to make a return visit.
Bwthyn yr Ardd enjoys a rural, tranquil setting on the edge of Pont-rhyd-y-groes village in West Wales. A long private drive leads to 3.5 acres of serenity. Past the owners' home, your retreat is set in a secluded location within the grounds, featuring a fully enclosed garden and a private hot tub.
Cwtch Cafe and small shop for basics is just 0.4 mile from the doorstep and is open 7 days a week. Some of the best places to eat locally includes Hafod Hotel at Devils Bridge (5 miles), Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (6 miles) and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (10 miles), not to mention the wide range of options at Aberystwyth and Aberaeron.
The bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth (15 miles) provides access to the splendour of Cardigan Bay. Home to Aberystwyth University and the National Library of Wales, the town also offers a great range of amenities including supermarkets and a Marks & Spencer store. It also features two beaches and a promenade, as well as direct access to the Wales Coast Path and the longest cliff railway in Britain.
Some of the main attractions in the area include the waterfalls and famous three bridges in Devil's Bridge, The Vale of Rheidol steam railway to Aberystwyth and the walks at Hafod Estate, one of the finest examples in Europe of a Picturesque landscape. Explore the Cambrian Mountains, seaside villages and towns such as Aberaeron and New Quay along the Cardigan Bay coastline, National Trust attractions such as Llanerchaeron and the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey). Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, Silver Mountain Experience and the Animalarium.
- Maenarthur Trail - circular 4.5 mile scenic walk incorporating sites of industrial heritage, a hill fort, forest, countryside and stunning gorge. Start from the doorstep.
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. Join the path mid-way, near Llanafan (4 miles)
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 7 miles from cottage
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 15 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 5 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 9 miles
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 15 miles from the cottage
- Llanrhystud South Beach - the nearest all year round dog-friendly beach. Sand and pebble. 20 miles
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from George Burrow Hotel, Ponterwyd (9 miles).
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 15 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 22 miles.
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 15 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 19 miles