This elegant, stylish house offers uninterrupted river and coastal views from its tranquil setting in Aberystwyth, overlooking the Ystwyth estuary and Cardigan Bay. With large picture windows throughout that allow natural light to flood in, its position at the far end of a private terrace of houses provides an idyllic retreat, with the added bonus of being within easy walking distance of everything that Aberystwyth has to offer. Wales Coast Path, Rheidol and Ystwyth Trails all on the doorstep.
Open plan living area with large picture windows allowing the natural light to flood in, high ceilings and offering uninterrupted river and coastal views.
Kitchen area - Light and airy, fully equipped kitchen with large picture windows offering stunning views to the south and west over Cardigan Bay. Fridge freezer, microwave, electric oven and gas hob, dishwasher and washing machine included.
Dining/Living area - Light, spacious and airy open plan living/dining area. Sociable relaxed space with extensive views over Tanybwlch beach, the Ystwyth river and the harbour. Original wooden floors, simply and stylishly decorated with imaginative original artwork and plenty of seating. Extending dining room table, firestick enabled TV, dvd player, bluetooth speaker, books, maps, cds and games.
Bedroom 1 - Spacious bedroom with large picture windows, king size bed and sea/harbour/beach views.
Bedroom 2 - Light and spacious ensuite bedroom with an inviting double bed and shower room (shower, basin and wc).
Bedroom 3 - Spacious twin room with large picture windows and 2 full sized single beds.
Main bathroom - includes a bath with an electric shower above, wc and wash basin.
Fully enclosed south facing garden with uninterrupted, stunning coastal and river views. This really is an idyllic spot to sit back with coffee or wine whilst admiring beautiful sunsets over Cardigan Bay.
Gravel garden immediately outside the front door with outdoor table and chairs. Large garden beyond, mostly laid to grass with natural wildlife area.
- Welcome Pack with coffee and tea, milk and sugar, butter, Welsh cakes and wine.
- Central heating and electricity included
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 1 hairdryer provided
- Wifi available
- No pets or smoking inside
- All on one floor - ideal for the less mobile
- Ample parking for 1 large or 2 medium sized cars. Additional free parking on Tanybwlch beach, 1 minute away.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 0.1 Mile from a beach
- 0.2 Mile from a pub
- 0.4 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- No highchair available
- No travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00
River View is situated in an enviable location with stunning coastal and river views, just over half a mile from every amenity that the lovely seaside town of Aberystwyth has to offer. Perched on a rocky outcrop above the river Ystwyth, directly on the Wales Coast Path, and nestled at the foot of an Iron Age Hill fort, it is a perfect location for walkers, nature lovers or those who simply want to relax and enjoy the stunning scenery. It also offers plenty of tranquility as the furthest of a handful of terraced houses along a private drive.
A short walk (approx 15 minutes) brings you to the centre of town and the nearest supermarket is just over 0.5 mile from the house. As one of West Wales’s main towns, Aberystwyth offers varied and plentiful shopping, bars, restaurants and cafes. It also features three beaches (including Tanybwlch on your doorstep), a promenade, a unique cliff railway, a castle and museum, Aberystwyth University, the largest Arts Centre in Wales and the National Library of Wales.
The best places to eat in the area includes Medina (0.5 mile) with fantastic Mediterranean influenced food, Ultracomedia (0.5 mile) offering high quality Spanish tapas, Pysgoty (0.7 mile), a small restaurant specialising in fish and seafood dishes and Baravin (0.7 mile), serving Italian food and overlooking the main promenade. Gwesty Cymru is also highly recommended on the seafront. For a few drinks, The Libertine (0.7 mile) serve great cocktails whilst recommended pubs include The Glengower (1 mile) on the seafront, serving good food and ale, Bottle and Barrel, a trendy craft beer bar, Ship and Castle for local ales, and Rummers by the bridge for live music and outdoor seating.
Aberystwyth offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. For activities, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Tanybwlch Beach - Pebble beach on the doorstep.
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach. 0.5 mile from the house
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. 0.7 mile
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 1.7 miles on foot / 3.5 mile drive
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 7 miles
- Ynyslas Beach - Stunning beach with sand dunes on the southern side of the Dyfi Estuary. 9 miles
- Wales Coastal Path. Join the path from the doorstep and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay.
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. Walk from the door to the hill top in 30 minutes.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 10.5 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 11.5 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 21 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron via Llanfarian. From the doorstep.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 0.2 mile
- Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre - stunning high-level wilderness riding with 2 Red and 1 Epic Black graded trails as well as easier trails. 10.5 miles.
- Sea fishing off the stone jetty all year round. Aberystwyth is home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 0.1 mile
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (0.8 mile)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – An 18 hole golf course blessed with stunning views over Cardigan Bay. 1.5 mile
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8 miles
- AberAdventures – surf school, SUP school and kayak hire in Borth. 7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre - family run British Horse Society Approved riding, training and examination centre. Full-size floodlit indoor and outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 5.8 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 10.5 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 12.5 miles.