Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days
Beautiful, contemporary cottage with a private hot tub and a welcoming log burner, near the seaside town of Aberystwyth on the beautiful shores of Cardigan Bay. Located up a quiet lane on a former railway line, the cottage provides direct access to what is now the scenic Ystwyth bike trail. Enjoy easy access to numerous attractions and an array of shops, restaurants and cafes in town.
Aberystwyth is also home to the National Library of Wales, two beaches and a promenade, a castle, cliff railway and a narrow gauge railway to Devils Bridge. Not to mention Aberystwyth University, a traditional cinema and the largest Arts Centre in Wales.
Large L-shaped living room which includes a kitchen, dining and a lounge area. Underfloor heating throughout and a welcoming log burner.
The well-equipped kitchen includes an electric double oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dishwasher.
Large dining table in its own spacious corner looking out to the front garden area.
The inviting lounge area includes comfortable seating in front of the log burner and 40" Smart TV.
Snug room - This is a separate, small 2nd lounge with another Smart TV and a bed settee that can also serve as a ground floor bedroom for one additional guest.
Ground floor toilet with WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 1 – Lovely bedroom with a king size bed and stylish furnishing. Plenty of room for a cot if needed.
Bedroom 2 – Two single beds that can also be linked to form a super-king sized bed on request. Please make a note when booking if you would prefer a super-king layout.
Family bathroom with a modern, free-standing bath and hand held shower hose, a separate walk-in shower, heated towel rail, WC and wash hand basin.
Artificial lawned area to the front of the property accessed via double patio doors from the living room. Includes garden table and chairs and a garden shed for bike storage etc.
Enclosed rear courtyard with a private hot tub for 4.
Direct access to the village play area via a pathway from the cottage.
- Welcome pack on arrival includes tea and coffee, sugar and milk, Welsh cakes and Prosecco.
- Central heating (including underfloor heating) and electricity included
- First basket load of logs included. Additional supplies can be purchased in Aberystwyth at B&M or Charlie's Stores.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels provided. Please bring your own towels for the hot tub and beach.
- 1 hairdryer provided
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request. Please bring your own cot linen.
- Wifi available
- 1 dog welcome (a second might be allowed on request)
- No smoking inside the property please
- Parking spaces for up to 2 cars on site
- Additional items provided include:
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, kitchen roll, washing up liquid and dishwasher tablets and dishcloths / scourers.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet
- General cleaning products: shower cleaner, anti bacterial spray etc
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 King size/super king bed
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 1 Sofa bed
- 2 Bathrooms
- Accepts 2 pets
- WiFi internet
- Hot Tub
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 2.8 Miles from a beach
- 2 Miles from a pub
- 0.25 Mile from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Stairgate available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00
Located up a quiet lane on the outskirts of Llanfarian village, less than 3 miles from the bustling seaside town of Aberystwyth on the Cardigan Bay coast. This detached, contemporary cottage is situated on a former railway line, which now forms part of the scenic, 20 mile long Ystwyth bike trail that links Aberystwyth to Tregaron. Llanfarian offers a village shop and a licensed fish and chips shop.
The university town of Aberystwyth (literally translated - Mouth of the River Ystwyth) is centrally located on the mid-west Wales coast. It offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars, as well as supermarkets and a new Marks & Spencer store. It also features two beaches and a promenade, as well as direct access to the Wales Coast Path. Home to the National Library of Wales and Aberystwyth Arts Centre (the largest arts centre in Wales), as well as a traditional cinema, a castle and museum. Aberystwyth is also home to the longest cliff railway in Britain and the only one of its kind in Wales.
Amongst the recommended restaurants are Glengower, Baravin, Gwesty Cymru, Byrgyr and Pysgoty - all located on the Aberystwyth seafront. For Sunday lunch, Marine is highly recommended whilst Tynllidiart Arms and Maes Bangor in Capel Bangor (6 miles) and Y Ffarmers in Llanfihangel-y-Creuddyn (7 miles) and Halfway Inn in Pisgah (7.4) are also well worth the journey. Plenty of good pubs, including the Glengower (dog friendly) and Ship & Castle for local ales.
Aberystwyth offers direct access to the Cambrian Mountains and Rheidol Valley. The Vale of Rheidol Railway offers a very popular day trip up to Devil's Bridge (seasonal timetable), an area steeped in myths and legends. When you arrive in Devil’s Bridge (Pont-ar-fynach in Welsh), follow the riverside walk to see the three bridges built on top of each other and a magnificent waterfall. Treat yourself to a meal at Hafod Arms before catching the train back to Aberystwyth.
For activities, Colossal Activities can provide anything from golf to mountain bike hire to fishing, children’s parties and kayak hire. You can also enjoy excursions into the Cambrian Mountains for views, local history and wildlife with Cambrian Safaris. Other attractions include The Magic of Life Butterfly House, the remains of a Welsh Cistercian abbey at Ystrad Fflur (Strata Florida Abbey) and the Animalarium in Borth.
- Aberystwyth North Beach - Sand and shingle beach and the focal point of the town. During the height of summer donkeys, a bouncy castle and 'tea cup' rides along the prom ensure that there is plenty of entertainment for children. Dogs are allowed in low season. 2.8 miles from the cottage
- Aberystwyth South Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach – quieter than the town’s North Beach. 2.8 miles
- Clarach Beach – Sheltered sand and shingle beach (sand exposed at low tide). Clarach Bay is connected to Aberystwyth by a mile long nature trail with outstanding views across Cardigan Bay. 4.8 miles
- Borth Beach – Fabulous 3 mile stretch of sand. Blue Flag award and popular with surfers, kite surfers and families. 8.7 miles
- Ystwyth Trail - a 20 mile cycling / walking trail from Aberystwyth to Tregaron. From the doorstep - 4 miles to Aberystwyth, 16 miles to Tregaron.
- All Wales Coastal Path. Join the path on the promenade in Aberystwyth and enjoy the varied coastline of Cardigan Bay. 2.8 miles
- Pen Dinas - visit the ancient hill fort overlooking Aberystwyth and the coast. 2.3 miles.
- Nant yr Arian Visitor Centre - 3 scenic walks. 11 miles
- ‘Follow the Mynach’: 6.5 miles following the river from its source to Devil’s Bridge, where it creates the famous waterfalls. 12 miles from cottage
- Ystwyth Trail - as above.
- Rheidol Cycle Trail – This 17 mile trail leads you from Devil’s Bridge, through the Rheidol Valley down to the harbour in Aberystwyth, mainly along quiet back roads and dedicated cycle routes. 2.8 miles.
- Some of the best mountain biking in Wales and the UK can be found nearby at Nant yr Arian Mountain Biking Centre. It features the Continental Tyres Syfydrin Trail, one of the most scenic wilderness trails in the UK. 11 miles.
- Sea fishing at Aberystwyth – home to some of the most varied ground imaginable with a species resident list only equalled by the prolific waters off Devon and Cornwall. 2.8 miles
- Charter boats can also be booked from Aberystwyth Marina.
- Excellent wild trout fishing in many local rivers and within the mountain lakes. Day tickets can be obtained from GB Fishing Shop on Corporation St (2.6 miles)
- Aberystwyth Golf Club – A lovely 18 hole golf course with great views. 3 miles
- Borth Golf Club – 18 hole championship golf course in a spectacular coastal location. 8.7 miles
- Rheidol Riding Centre has full-size floodlit indoor and full-size floodlit outdoor riding arenas, a showjumping and cross-country course, and fantastic trekking around the Rheidol Valley. 6.7 miles
- Nant yr Arian includes a Red kite feeding Centre. 11 miles
- R.S.P.B Nature Reserve at Ynys-hir on the South side of the Dyfi estuary. 14 miles.