The ideal setting for a group or family get-together, Llety Llew Coch enjoys a unique position at the edge of Bala market town, within walking distance to the restaurants, cafes, shops and bars. Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), the largest natural lake in Wales is also on the doorstep, as well as a traditional cinema and a steam train ride along the lake. A few miles further and you have a National White Water Centre, Zip World, Bounce Below and numerous other Snowdonia attractions.
Beautifully renovated barn with stunning features, a welcoming woodburner, under floor heating throughout ground floor and a private patio with views over a large open field. A countryside feel combined with the convenience of town. If you wish to bring more friends or family members, there is also another beautiful cottage for 4 called Stabal Llew Coch within the same, enclosed yard.
Kitchen 1 - Stunning, fully equipped kitchen with oak dining table and 8 chairs. Includes a microwave oven, single oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing/drying machine.
Main Living Area - Inviting corner sofa and two-seater sofa looking out across a large open field. Log burner, wall mounted TV and double patio doors leading directly on to the patio.
Kitchen 2 and Living Area 2 - This is a separate, open plan kitchen/living room. Kitchen includes a dishwasher, microwave, single oven, touch ceramic hob, large fridge freezer and washing machine. Living area offers a large, inviting sofa, wall mounted TV and dining table.
Bedroom 1 - Luxury king size oak bed and bedroom furniture along with a free sat TV on the wall.
Shower room - Modern shower room with rain shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 - King size bed that can be split in to two x 2.6 single beds (please request bed arrangements when booking). Solid oak furniture and free sat TV.
Bedroom 3 - Large bedroom with painted oak king size bed, high ceiling and stunning oak beams. Painted oak bedroom furniture and free sat TV.
Bathroom 1 - Stylish grey bathroom with modern wash hand basin and toilet. Shower over bath and large heated towel rail.
Bedroom 4 - Beautiful double bedroom with TV, beams and oak bedroom furniture.
Bathroom 2 - Stylish modern grey bathroom with shower over bath, sink, toilet and heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Private patio area with garden furniture and flower bed, directly outside the main living area and accessed via double patio doors. Views across an open field and towards the Snowdonia hills on the horizon.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 4 hairdryers provided
- Central heating and electricity included. Under floor heating throughout ground floor.
- Initial basket of logs included on arrival. Additional logs available @ £5 per basket load
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Plenty of parking space on a flat surface outside the cottage
- The owners are available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond, which is payable to Best of Wales along with the balance of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- Please request bed type for bedroom 2 as king sized or twin when booking
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 King size/super king beds
- 1 Double bed
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 27 Miles from a beach
- 0.1 Mile from a pub
- 0.1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Enjoy a wide range of amenities and attractions on the doorstep at Llety Llew Coch. Located within the privacy of an enclosed yard (that used to be the owners' family farm), the cottage is a stone's throw from Bala market town with its range of cafes, restaurants, shops and bars. With its own private corner within the yard, the cottage faces outward over an agricultural field and towards the hills of Snowdonia.
Bala is a lovely Welsh market town with a wide range of restaurants, cafes, shops and bars. There's even a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers and bring your own food. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Also on the doorstep is a traditional cinema, a Leisure Centre (fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide) and Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) - the largest natural lake in Wales where you can enjoy a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing. There is also a lakeside steam train that takes you from Bala to Llanuwchllyn and, 4 miles away, a National White Water Rafting Centre.
Other popular attractions in this beautiful area of Snowdonia includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), Zip World, Bounce Below and Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles). Portmeirion (25 miles), the beautiful beaches along the coast and castles such as Dolwyddelan and Harlech are all worth visiting as well, not to mention the other market towns in the area such as Dolgellau and Ruthin.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles