Located in a unique position at the edge of Bala market town, this beautifully renovated cottage is within a stone's throw of everything you need. With stunning craftsmanship throughout, Ysgubor Llew Coch offers a touch of the countryside, with the benefit of having restaurants, cafes, bars and shops on the doorstep.
Sit round the welcoming woodburner or outside on the private, enclosed patio and enjoy views out across a large open field. Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) and all its watersports is just 500 meters away, whilst the town’s small, traditional cinema is exactly opposite the cottage. You also have the lakeside steam train and a wide range of attractions nearby including a white water rafting centre, Zip World and Bounce Below.
If you wish to have a larger get-together of family or friends, there are two other beautiful cottages on the same, enclosed yard - Stabal Llew Coch (sleeps 4) and Côr Llew Coch (sleeps 2).
Kitchen - Stunning, fully equipped kitchen with oak dining table and 8 chairs. Includes a microwave oven, single oven, fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing/drying machine. Under floor heating throughout ground floor.
Lounge - Inviting corner sofa and two-seater sofa. Log burner, wall mounted TV and double patio doors leading directly on to the patio.
Bedroom 1 - Luxury king size oak bed and bedroom furniture along with a free sat TV on the wall.
Shower room - Modern shower room with rain shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 - King size bed that can be split in to two x 2.6 single beds (please request bed arrangements when booking). Solid oak furniture and free sat TV.
Bedroom 3 - Large bedroom with painted oak king size bed, high ceiling and stunning oak beams. Painted oak bedroom furniture and free sat TV.
Bathroom - Stylish grey bathroom with modern wash hand basin and toilet. Shower over bath and large heated towel rail.
Private patio area with garden furniture and flower bed, directly outside the living room and accessed via double patio doors. Views across an open field and towards the Snowdonia hills on the horizon.
Charcoal barbecue set available - can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes.
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and 3 hairdryers provided
- Central heating and electricity included. Under floor heating throughout ground floor.
- Initial basket of logs included on arrival. Additional logs available @ £5 per basket load
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Plenty of parking space on a flat surface outside the cottage
- Family farm setting with the owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required.
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- WIFI available
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil.
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls per toilet.
- Please request bed type for bedroom 2 as king sized or twin when booking
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 King size/super king beds
- 2 Zip&link beds
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Open fire or woodburner
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Friday changeover
- 27 Miles from a beach
- 0.1 Mile from a pub
- 0.1 Mile from a shop
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Ground floor bedroom
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- Tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Super central location, easy to walk to shops and places to eat. Very comfortable property for families with young children, heated floor was god sent! :) we had great time!Roland from UK - 21st January 2019
A really beautiful conversion, decorated with real taste in a perfect location and run by a lovely family. It's spotlessly clean and I really do mean spotless. Everything you need plus the bonus of hosts who you could talk to all day. Fascinating history of the family home too, well worth asking about!Dave from UK - 15th January 2019
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
King Arthur's Labyrinth 10% off Underground Adventures
Take an exciting trip to the underground caverns and tunnels and learn about the myths and legends of King Arthur where your adventure begins by boat!
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Ysgubor Llew Coch enjoys an excellent, unique setting - within the privacy of an enclosed yard (previously the owners' family farm) yet a stone's throw from Bala town's amenities. This beautifully converted barn enjoys its own private corner within the yard, facing outward over an agricultural field and towards the hills of Snowdonia. If you wish to bring extended family or friends, there are also two other cottages on site sleeping 4 and 2.
The lovely Welsh market town of Bala offers a wide range of cafes, restaurants, shops and pubs. There's even a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers and bring your own food. Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) are the White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk).
Bala also offers a traditional cinema, a Leisure Centre (fitness room, indoor swimming pool and slide) Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) with a range of watersports such as canoeing, sailing and windsurfing, as well as a steam train along the lake to Llanuwchllyn. The National White Water Rafting Centre is also within 4 miles, whilst other activities nearby includes high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), the famous Zip Wire and Bounce Below (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles).
Other popular days out around Snowdonia includes Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles), Portmeirion (25 miles) and the beautiful beaches along the coast. There are also plenty of other market towns to explore, such as Dolgellau and Ruthin - not to mention the rewarding walks around Snowdonia National Park.
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles