Enjoy Snowdonia in style at this stylish cottage for two in Bala; a beautiful Welsh market town on the shores of the largest natural lake in Wales. Previously a farm yard, Beudy Llew Coch is one of four, 5 star holiday cottages on site that have been skilfully converted by the owners to provide a beautiful hideaway on the edge of town. The restaurants, cafes and bars are on the doorstep whilst the lakeside steam train is also within a mile.
Watersports, walking and cycling can also be enjoyed on and around Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake), whilst Snowdonia has plenty more to offer within a short drive, from Zip World to white water rafting and from Bounce Below to world class mountain biking. If you wish to share the experience with family or friends, the three other cottages within the enclosed yard are Côr Llew Coch next door (sleeps 2), Ysgubor Llew Coch (sleeps 6) and Stabal Llew Coch (sleeps 4).
An open plan living area with underfloor heating occupies the ground floor.
The kitchen area includes an oven and touch ceramic hob, microwave and large fridge freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. Dining table and chairs.
The lounge area features a sumptuous L-shaped sofa with wall mounted TV.
Welcoming double bedroom with beams, oak bedroom furniture and wall mounted TV.
Stylish shower room with large walk in shower, seven shaped wash basin, wc, heated towel rail, mirror with lights and shaving point.
Small patio area to front and rear of cottage. Table and 2 chairs for alfresco dining at the front.
Charcoal barbecue set can be requested from the owners during your stay. £20 deposit, fully refundable if returned in same condition. Charcoal available in town.
- Welcome pack includes tea, coffee, sugar and milk and Welsh cakes
- Bed linen, hand and bath towels and hairdryer provided
- Central heating and electricity included
- Wifi available
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Iron, ironing board and clothes airer provided
- No pets or smoking inside the cottage
- The following items are also provided...
- Kitchen: salt and pepper, washing up liquid/dishwasher tabs, washing powder/liquid, dishcloth, tea towels and tin foil
- Bathroom: liquid hand soap and 2 toilet rolls.
- Parking space on flat surface outside the cottage
- Owners available on site to help with any queries, provide local knowledge etc if required
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Double bed
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi internet
- Friday changeover
- 27 Miles from a beach
- 0.1 Mile from a pub
- 0.1 Mile from a shop
- Private parking
- Bed linen provided
- No smoking
- Towels provided
- No tumble dryer
- Washing machine
- Highchair available
- Travel cot available
Things to see
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Corris Mine Explorers 10% off Mine Exploration Tours
First excavated in 1836, Braich Goch Slate Mine closed around 40 years ago. Go underground and see first-hand the kind of conditions miners had to work in.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Located on what was previously a farm yard, Beudy Llew Coch is one four beautifully renovated cottages providing a 5 star hideaway on the outskirts of Bala market town. Everything you need is within walking distance, from restaurants and bars to cafes and shops. This charming Snowdonia town is also home to the largest natural lake in Wales called Llyn Tegid (Bala Lake) with watersports, lakeside cycling, walking and a scenic steam train ride. There is also an indoor swimming pool and slide at the lakeside Leisure Centre.
Amongst the best places to eat (all within walking distance) is Bistro Y Cyfnod, Plas yn Dre, White Lion Hotel, Y Plas Coch, Bala Spice and Y Cwrt. Also worth a short drive is Yr Eagles in Llanuwchllyn (5 miles) and Lake Vyrnwy Restaurant (13 miles). Some of the best pubs in town include The White Lion, Y Plas Coch and Y Cwrt (all within a 5 minute walk). Not forgetting a quirky bottle shop and tap room where you can enjoy Welsh beers.
Amongst the other major attractions nearby, you have The National White Water Rafting Centre within 4 miles, high speed go-carting circuit in Cerrigydrudion (12 miles), Zip World and Bounce Below at Blaenau Ffestiniog (18 miles) and Coed y Brenin Mountain Biking Centre (23 miles). Explore other popular market towns such as Dolgellau and Ruthin, discover amazing views from the Snowdonia mountain tops, go underground at Llechwedd Slate Caverns (18 miles) and step in to a different world at Portmeirion (25 miles).
- Bala Lake – Up to a 10 mile walk around the 4 mile long, stunning lake. 0.3 miles from the cottage.
- Aran mountain range offers 14 summits above 2,000ft. The ridge makes an excellent linear walk and includes the two major summits of Aran Fawddwy (2969ft) and Aran Benllyn (2904ft). Route starts from Llanuwchllyn, 5 miles.
- Arenig mountain range has 13 summits above 2,000ft, including Arenig Fawr and Moel Llyfnant. Route begins near Llyn Celyn, 4 miles
- Bala Lake – sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, raft building etc. 0.3 miles
- National White Water Centre, Canolfan Tryweryn – White Water Rafting, Kayaking & Canoeing. 4 miles
- Bala Lake - The 10 mile scenic route around the lake can also be cycled. 0.3 miles from your Bala self catering cottage.
- Llyn Celyn – 15 mile circular route around another scenic lake. 4 miles
- Antur Stiniog Mountain Biking Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog. 18 miles
- Coed-y-Brenin Mountain Biking Centre – Suitable routes for all ages. 23 miles
- Bikes can also be hired in the area.
Find out more about fishing in Bala. The nearest venue is Bala Lake (called Llyn Tegid in Welsh). 0.3 miles